Building the Engine of Community Development in Detroit 2018 Annual Summit
December 13 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Your presence is vital as we collectively build a community development system for Detroit! At this year’s Summit, you can expect to:
Discuss, debate and finalize:
- what does equitable development mean for Detroit neighborhoods?
- how should city government, community development and neighborhoods engage and align?
- what are the right policy goals for our neighborhoods?
- how do we generate equity in the community development profession?
Help develop models for:
- the “neighborhood vitality” success framework
- building strong CDOs and Grass Roots Organizations
- creating a pipeline of community development leaders from Detroit
- an organized and powerful citywide neighborhood voice
Learn from guests from other cities: Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia
Network with colleagues from philanthropy, government, intermediary organizations, academia, community development organizations and grass roots organizations.
Experience a special lunch discussion with Dr. Peter Hammer, Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights discussing spatial racism.
Discounted, secure parking. Complementary breakfast and lunch are provided.
RSVP by Dec 1st, 2018 to ensure your seat.